Monday, January 13, 2014

Mile 8: Pay It 40-ward In Action

My Mile 8 teammate is someone I haven't seen in at least 20 years. She was just a puppy of a guidance counselor when she came to my high school in the fall of 1991. I was a senior and knew immediately she was awesome. She gave me an incredible amount of encouragement and confidence when I really needed it. It's another Facebook miracle that we have been able to reconnect and confirm that my early-90s forecast for her fantastic-ness level (exceptionally high) was accurate.

So here's a little Facebook candy I got from her the other day:



Phoebe VanScoy Giessler and Pay-it-40ward: Kenosha moms present ..... Socks! Only packaged ones are pictured here - well over 100 pairs in all - for the interfaith network nightly shelter of Kenosha. The donation also includes sweatshirts, sweaters, toiletries, and t-shirts. Amazingly fast turn-around time for a bunch of busy moms!

Thank you, Amber, Amy, Anna, Ann, Donna, Gina, Stephanie and Shannon!


YES! THANK YOU! I don't know if they are all Badass Mother Runners but they certainly have the spirit.

These messages keep me going. I have a 10-miler scheduled for Wednesday morning. (I can't even type what time that means I need to get up!) I am starting to feel like I can actual do the 40 miles... but it's the so-early-it's-still-last-night weekday runs that are a little daunting.

The Pay It 40-ward beat goes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment