Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New strategery

I'm not training for Boston anymore. And I haven't signed up for another race. And for some unknown reason I don't feel compelled to sign up for another race. I'm definitely in a February slump.

That being said, I've decided that I'm "going on a run of runs". Not a crazy 365 day streak or anything. But, just a couple of weeks where I am going to run (or "run-equivalent") everyday. I'm not going to focus on mileage or speed. I'm just going to go out and do 3 or 5 or 7 miles. Whatever. And I'm going to do it everyday. I will also aim to do 20 to 30 minutes of yoga each day but that's not going to be a deal breaker if I don't fit it in.

Now, there's already a caveat to this (and I'm only on Day 3!). This morning before the alarm I could hear the wind doing INSANE things outside. I'm all about being tough but when I checked the news at 5AM there was talk of frequent 30 - 40 mph gusts. Add that fun to the dark and single-digit (at best) temps and I decided 30 minutes of varying resistance on the elliptical would count. So that's what I did. (Thus the "run-equivalent" option).

This will be a new challenge for me because I don't usually run EVERY day. It will be tough next Sunday because we are leaving for Disney World at about 4AM. But... That means we'll arrive there in the early afternoon and I'll have time (and need!) to work things out a bit. Then, we'll have a glorious week of un-scary temps while we are there. And when we get back it will practically be MARCH so I'm sure all the ice and snow and darkness will be out of New Hampshire.

Anyway, it's a plan. I'm hoping the simple goal of getting out there daily will rejuvenate me and remind me of all the reasons I'm a Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment