Monday, June 7, 2010

Jury's still out

I'm feeling better the last few days. A LOT better. I ran 12 miles on Saturday. They were horrible, slow, humid.... But I got through them. It took me over 2 hours to get through it and I couldn't help but wonder at the fact that just a few weeks ago I ran 13.1 in 1:45. It's like someone swapped my lean/mean/fit self with a couch potato.

Everyone who knows anything about these things is telling me not to run the marathon. They say I need to reschedule. They say I should skip it or do the half marathon. I say... I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do. I have the terrible habit of not learning from other people's mistakes. I think I might be able to run it without focusing on the goal time of 3:45. I'm not even sure if I really, really need to qualify for Boston. Who wants to train for a marathon in the middle of winter, anyway?

So, I've decided not to decide. I may not even decide until I get there. I am going to continue with my training schedule as if there was not huge ZERO MILE spot during those horrible 8 days. That means I'll do 5 miles three days this week and 8 miles on Saturday.

Meanwhile, I've got to get ready for camping.... So this Blog post has got to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment