Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bravo has... NICE people?!

Okay, stretching and doing some strength training after my long run today, I want to feel good about myself. So what do I do? I turn on Bravo. It's a great place to watch spoiled, over privileged narcissists do horrible things to one another. I watch it because, as I said, it makes me feel like a freakin' saint.

But now I have a problem. I've seen 2 new-ish reality shows that feature, ummm, kind of good people.

The first one is 9 By Design. It's this couple that has 7 children, live in NYC, and are interior designers. As far as I can tell, they are really good to each other, they adore their kids (okay, they did give them some jacked up names like "Five" and "Major"... but they are very "real" parents in every way) So far I've seen nothing that makes me wish they would have an unfortunate run in with, say, an angry bear. It's puzzling and a little bit wonderful.

The other one I can't think of the name of but it's a show about one of the Project Runway stars. It's all about his life post-Project Runway. He has a design collection. He has a boyfriend. He has employees. And he's, again, just a really good person. In the episode I saw he went home to visit his mom and he was great to her and they had a wonderful time with one another. At the big runway show there's a huge problem with the shoes, as they keep falling apart, and he's freaking out a little bit - as one would expect. But he doesn't yell at anybody. He's basically saying "let's get some glue or some tape and solve the problem." And they get the glue or the tape and they solve the problem and it's a great success.

I don't know, Bravo. I am grateful that you are featuring some real human beings who are successful and slightly eccentric and with whom I might actually want to share a meal... But please don't stop airing that idiot Rachel Zoe or those God awful Housewives... Because how else am I supposed to maintain my self esteem?

No comments:

Post a Comment