Sunday, March 28, 2010

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Untitled

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Untitled

Not sure why it keeps saying "untitled" here when I have titled and saved the work out. Oh well.

This was a great, pretty fast run. The footpod was only off by .2 of a mile so that was much more accurate than last week. I had the watch on a scan mode so I it showed my heart rate, pace, distance left in the current mile, etc. as I ran. I need to tweak this because it didn't actually show the over all time or over all distance I had gone! It's crazy all the things this watch can do!

I have really lame, cheap0 arch supports in my shoes that seem to be helping a great deal with the pain I was having. The arch in my right foot in particular would pull and give that awful stinging feeling, like it was going to rip apart. Not fun. So, as the commercial says, I'm gellin' and it seems to be workin'.

It was hard to get out today because of our schedule. I find more and more that if I don't hit the road first thing in the morning, the rest of my day gets by my pretty quickly and I can think of a lot of other things I need to be doing besides run for an hour and a half or whatever. As much as I dread them a lot of the time, there's something to be said for those 5AM runs.

I still haven't decided on a goal time for the 1/2 marathon.... I can't decide if I want to kill myself for it or just use it as a training run. In all likelihood even if I say it's going to be a training run, I'll get there and my inner-demon competitive side will take over! I'm leaning toward under 1:45....

No comments:

Post a Comment