Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Redeemed on Cape Cod (or, Tough A Little Late)

As promised, I DID go running once we got to my in-laws house. I EVEN dug deep and did 8 x 800s.... ish. I didn't get to a track so I used my Garmin to do a fast 1/2 mile (after a 1.75 warm up). I timed it and hit 3:30 (on target!). I then put the watch away and just ran hard for 3:30 followed by easy for 1:30. Simplified keeping track.

This morning at about 6:30 Scott and I went out for an easy 4-miler. My "non-runner" husband kicked my butt, which was fine by me. He's lost a boatload of weight this summer and I am SUPER proud of him. I was definitely still feeling the hard workout from yesterday so I was happy to let him pull ahead after 2 miles when I walked and sucked some water down.

Now we are in an internet cafe in Provincetown enjoying immensely the time my in-laws have given us while they watch the kids. Kayaking on the calm ocean waters, lunch at a "colorful" poolside, a siesta on the beach... We just made dinner reservations and then we'll head back to my in-laws late this evening. Nothing like walking around P-town to add some life to your life!


1 comment:

  1. The last paragraph of this entry had me oohing and aahing. Yes, there is NOTHING like You n Hubs time. Sounds AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete