Sunday, December 15, 2013

A step-by-step guide to mailing dough-re-mi

1. Go INSIDE an actual bank and talk to an actual human teller (who knew this was still possible!?). Ask for $200 in five dollar bills. It is better to ask for this from your own account so as not to be accused of holding up the place.

2. Spend several evenings addressing envelopes, writing short thank yous, and stuffing said envelopes with said notes, instructions, and the five dollar bills.

3. Head to your pal's house for a day of Christmas shopping and forget to set your parking brake. Exit her home to find your car at the bottom of her very steep driveway.

4. Be thankful that your car has a decently high clearance and AWD. (Also  be thankful that you learned Country Girl No Hesitation Driving Skills back in the day). 


5. Attempt to look charming and hopeful by the post office box.

 
6. Struggle comedically with mail box door. (Oh, how I wish this was a planned 'duh' moment!)


And there you have it. If you are part of the Pay It 40-ward team, you should be getting your envelope from me SOON!

Other minor updates/thoughts:

1. I have not run since Wednesday... Thursday I was supposed to do 6 miles but I just could not convince myself to face the single-digit temps on another dark morning. I got up and did 40 minutes on the Elliptical and 20 minutes of yoga. Friday is always a rest day. And today the wind chills were well below 0 at the hour I would have needed to run (5:30AM, approx). My husband vetoed the idea of even trying 16 miles. Tomorrow we should be up to our necks (or knees, really) in snow so I'm not sure I'll be out there then either. Well, that's life. I am trying to be Zen about it....

2. I am still waiting for inspiration about where this darn 40 miler should be. Kathleen drove me on a loop around a lake near her home that is a practically-perfect 10 miles (a teeny bit less) but it was just way too hilly to do 4 times. Hopefully a flat, convenient, not horrible course will present itself to me soon! I am thinking we have to plan for road since trails and tracks have a very good chance to being very snow covered on March 15. Then again, it could be a 75 degree day...

3. Happy 41st birthday, Heidi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment