Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Stats

The month of June & July were pretty great running-wise. I feel like a real runner again. I, in fact, was just one day short of making the June Challenge set by Another Mother Runner. Unfortunately, on June 30th I got up at 4:30AM and drove 10+ hours home from my parents house. I was supposed to run but it just.didn't.happen. I'm sure the ladies at AMR would have cut me some slack and given me credit, but that's not how I roll.

And so I aimed for a more perfect month in July.

Three-months postpartum I am a few pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. Have been for awhile. This weight loss is definitely due to nursing (though, as readers will no doubt recall, nursing has been a challenge). My doctor is keen on my taking in plenty of "dense" calories and I am keen on doing so! Bring on the avocados, sunbutter, soy milk.... Funny thing is, despite the number on the scale, I still have a decent amount of, ummmm, insulation around my mid-section. I suppose I'm going to have to break down and do a sit up or something one of these days.

Nah.

I'm still not running with a Garmin so I am not obsessing about pace. Mostly, though, I'm plugging along at paces between 8:45 and 10:00, depending on the terrain and the length of the run.

All in all, I have been enjoying my runs more than ever. The weather has been fairly cooperative. Even a tough 6.5 miler on an exceptionally rainy morning was staight-up delightful. Even yesterday, when I "suffered" through a 3-miler with Elliott and Gabe in the old (read: crappy) jog stroller, I felt good - except for my arms which were beat from trying to keep the thing going straight!

I guess I probably enjoyed running this much before Baby #3, but it feels so good to feel so good after so many months without a load of endorphins.

Thanks to Map My Run, I can keep track of my runs even though I'm not using the Garmin anymore. Here's what July held for me, with a comparison to June:

Total miles: 101.93 (80.08 in June)
Total hours: 16.2 (13.21)
Total calories: 9,530 (6,947)
Total workouts: 21 (20)

This is the first I've looked at the two months side-by-side. I'm pretty surprised how much "harder" I worked in July. I would not have guessed that there would be more than a 20 mile difference with just ONE additional workout. Nuts!

And a reminder, I am now spreading 140 characters or less of my nonsense on Twitter. You can find me at @PhoebeVG (@RunningMyMouth was already taken, darn it!) and if you are an FB friend, my Twitter posts will go there anyway you can catch it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment