Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Running While Pregnant: Week 25

 Now that the final night of Chanukah  is over (that's right, I spell it with a "Ch", ya'll), I feel compelled to get my cyber-self moving and return to the blog. No, we're not Jewish, but when I first started dating Scott back in 1607 my family THOUGHT he was Jewish so anytime I can make an excuse for my ineptitude based on traditions of The Chosen People, I'm all for it.

Anyway, it was a wonderful Christmas at our house. The boys were surprised and happy with their gifts (Angry Birds Angry Bird Angry Birds and MORE Angry Birds). I knew I was getting snow shoes and a blender (I smashed the last one to a zillion bits when I dropped it in the fall) which I was super excited about. What I DIDN'T know, was that Scott & the boys made me a homemade display for my running bibs and medals. They had previously been pinned on an old sheet in my bedroom, which was just fine by me... but seeing how clever and thoughtful this gift was, I was totally moved. As I said on my Facebook page "it's good to feel so loved and understood" given my current forced-dormancy from running.

The Old. (Why can't I make it not be sideways? No idea...)


The New!

On the "running" front, this vacation week has allowed me to have slightly less manic workouts in the therapy pool. I have been going in a little after 6AM and staying until about 7AM. I'm still not getting the "bang for my buck" I would get (and love) from running: no sweat, no pounding heart, no heavy breathing (hey, don't be a pig! not THAT kind of heavy breathing!) But my muscles are certainly fatigued when I am done so I know that I am far better off with this workout than with nothin'.

I've also discovered a previously uncovered superpower. This new one is almost as useful as my tried and true superpower: always having a little bit of pee in me. My new awesome comes in the form of being able to injure myself in my sleep. And no, I don't mean waking up with a sore neck or back from sleeping in a weird position. Yesterday morning, having gone to bed the night before with no aches and pains, I woke up with what can only be described as a mild sprain in my ankle. I got out of bed and literally limped to the bathroom. Amazing, ain't I? I suppose it's from those loose ligaments that Knocked Up Ladies have, but I gotta say, this is a new one on me.

Finally, I posted a couple of weeks ago how I was puzzled about my stagnancy in weight gain. As predicted, that concern is WAY over. I have literally gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. Given that they recommend a pound a week, I have a feeling my midwife will have something to say about this when I see her next week. Ooops.
Twenty-five weeks... I'm gonna be SO huge when this is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment