Sunday, January 24, 2010

PTSD stream of consciousness

Here's what I scribbled on an envelope while eating enough for 3 people after the 16 mile race today. (I've kept the bizarre punctuation because it makes me laugh now that I'm in a better place!)

right foot killing me
right hip joins the fun
neck snapping happily
tight & sore
tight & sore
!tougher than the marathon!
right knee begs
"don't forget me!"
oh right. ouch
thought I knew about hills
these dirt bags laughed at me
put my money on 2:15... and ran a 2:27
ordered 2 lunches @ Panera.
Black bean soup always shows me love.
Mediterranean veggie sandwich (no cucumbers) adores me.
The joy and pain of a post race full belly.


Now that I'm home, I'm glad I did it, but I cannot believe how much my foot hurt. I think I changed my gait and that's why my whole right side is in agony tonight. Time for new shoes.

I have to pick another race to tackle next. Learned tonight that I was actually FIVE SECONDS from qualifying for Boston when I ran the marathon last fall. I can think of at least 8 places where I lost more than 10 seconds to be chatty and ogle babies, etc. Oh, well. I really really enjoyed that race and wouldn't change a second of it. Well, maybe FIVE seconds of it, but I'll keep moving forward!

Freezing rain tonight so here's to a 2 hour delay tomorrow so I get more recovery time!

No comments:

Post a Comment